It’s very important to always take the same precautions online as you would in the physical world. If your classified ad activity results in a one-on-one meeting, always remember to:
- Insist on meeting in a public place like a coffee shop.
- Don’t sell alone; try to have someone around when meeting buyers.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going or take them along with you.
- If you own a cell phone, take it with you,
- Don’t give personal or banking information over the Internet.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t seem quite right, something is probably amiss.
- Give the buyer enough information to make the transaction work and for them to be able to buy and collect the item, no more.
- Be aware of common scams.
- Please report to Mixmart any fraudulent case, suspicious ads or email activity.